Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Getting better!

Hello! In my last post, we had gone to Dr. Russo and he wanted to move the boys to a different formula and off the NeoSure. Well, Katie found the Similac Alimentum formula which is a Hypo-Allergenic formula and it is doing the trick! They are not lactose intolerant but have some sort of goofy allergy to that other formula. The reflux is reduced greatly and the discomfort has subsided for sure. It is not 100% gone, but there is SIGNIFICANT improvement. Dr. Russo RULZ!! Claire is still on the NeoSure which has more calories than normal formula and we think she will be on it a while so that she can catch up with her weight and size.

All three are just growing like a weed! The boys especially are really getting to the point where they can hold their heads up pretty good. There is a little "bobble head" action going on but the tummy time is paying off! They are 12 weeks or 3 months old this week, holy smacks, time flies! Katie brought them all up to my office last week to show them off to the folks at work. The babies are AWESOME on field trips, they love em. We took a field trip 2 weekends ago to Grapefest in Grapevine, Texas, close to our house. Pretty typical festival deal and they did great, it got a little hot so we cut it a tad short. This picture is of my dad with Claire, my cousin's wife Linda with Matt and I am holding Drew. We had quite the crowd coming to the table and looking at the babies and asking questions, a part of it that we are going to have to get used to...



After the "fest" we went for a cruise over to Ft. Worth to see the newest addition to the Lichtie/Branch family, Reagan Lichtie, Katie's sister's new baby girl. We got all the cousins together for a group shot, one of MANY I am sure that will take place over the years! From the left, Matt, Clarita, Drew and Reagan. Drew made quite the pillow for Reagan! Fun times!



As I mentioned in my last post, there are SO many things that Katie and I are and have been thankful for through our time together over the past three plus years and now raising these three little munchkins. I couldn’t help but to look back at the happenings and wonder “why?”, “how come?” and the simple “your kidding me?”. Going all the way back when I moved from Tulsa to the Dallas area in 2006, I didn’t know Katie and was really just flying solo and by the seat of my pants in many different ways. When it came to purchasing a home, I really wanted a used home with a pool, those that know me, know that I normally get what I want, maybe not when I want it, but I usually get it. This is the rare occasion that I actually didn’t and it turns out there is a good reason why!


I settled on buying a new home, with a small backyard with no shot of having a pool. I bought the home when it was a slab and did everything myself from the bottom up, from design, some custom features, etc. Its 4 bedroom, 3.5 bath home and just shy of 3,800 sq ft. I constantly got the question, “your a single guy with a 3,800 sq ft. house? What are you doing in that place?”. At the time I honestly looked at the house as an investment, its in a nice area, at the time the real estate market was solid and thought that if I ever had to I could turn the place for a profit.


Looking back now, there is a reason that I built this house and a reason that I settled for a place WAY too big for a single dude in a great community with a great school system. The reason is that I would soon meet the love of my life, she would bring her two dogs (they are really my dogs now!) and her cat here and really make the house a home. Not only would the home include Katie and the pets but now three beautiful babies that are healthy, happy and just perfect!


Can you imagine what it could have been like or currently be like if we were in a small 3 bedroom place with a pool that I could have bought, with the addition of Katie, 3 babies, 2 dogs and a cat? Sheer madness! Trust me, insanity. I am convinced that there is a reason and purpose that I bought this house and have now made it into a home for our family. As I continue to write about this stuff, it is really clear to see that God works in mysterious and incredible ways really when you have NO idea it is happening or why! He put us in a home where we are comfortable, have plenty of room and a place where I know he wants Katie and I to teach, mentor and love our children for many years to come. I am so thankful that he is watching over me and our family, there is a peace knowing that you are where God wants you to be and your doing what he wants you to do in your life! Does it REALLY get any better than that, absolutely not.


This is really the “tip of the iceberg”, I have so many more notes in my journal about times that God has touched our lives and taken us down a path that really is amazing. Almost surreal to be a part of, that is partly why I am concerned that I don’t miss or gloss over a important time, event or blessing that has touched our lives. I can’t wait to share them all with everyone that reads the blog! We are so blessed and thankful everything that God has given us in our lives.


In closing I hope that God touches your lives like he has touched ours in so many ways. I hope that this post finds everyone happy, healthy and ready for a beautiful fall season! Go Red Raiders and Go Bears!! Till next time! Peace.


Love,


Todd, Katie, Claire, Matt and Drew

2 comments:

  1. So awesome, good times for sure. Glad things are going so well. They are getting so big and they are so precious. Will share the good news with the prayer team!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Todd,
    My wife and I just found out we are having triplets. I saw some of your posts on the triplet connection about AFLAC and Combined. I would love to hear if they worked out for you and what I should do to get them set up. I'd love to correspond with you some via email lauraandjoel(at)juno(dot)com
    Best,
    Joel

    ReplyDelete