Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Moving right along!

Hello! Been a week or so since I have updated the blog. Katie and I are still getting used to having a baby around the house and the schedule that it takes to make it all happen! Wow...

Drew is doing real well on his transition home I think. He is pretty much used to the place now. He is struggling with a bit of reflux which isn't fun, trust me. He is on a half a Prevacid each day to try to keep that under control and we moved him off the powder formula and to the premade liquid stuff. I think it has helped a little bit. He weighs 5lbs 4oz now, quite the growing boy! I honestly can't count the number of times I have kissed his chubby little cheeks!

We got word this evening that Claire will be coming home on Friday and Matt will be coming home on Saturday! Claire is doing well, gaining weight and sleeping awesome, no Brady's in over three days! She is a tough one to feed though, she is still struggling with breathing and eating at the same time and so she is a SLOW eater and it takes a ton of patience with her. If she eats too fast, she'll just stop breathing. She weighs 4lbs 9oz, now.

Matt is growing like a weed too! He is over 5lbs as well and eats like a horse. He is still having the Brady's episodes so he is coming home on a monitor. :( That is going to be interesting. We'll see how that works out.

We are excited to have the whole family home with us at last! I can't wait to be able to hold both of them like we are holding and loving on Drew. Besides being pretty tired and exhausted, Katie and I are doing good so far. We are thinking about some changes we are going to need to make around the house to make everything happen like we need it to. If other people can do it, we certainly can! Right!!??

I am going to make my post short and sweet tonight, so I can get a little rest before I have to feed Drew. Thank you to everyone that has been thinking and praying for us as well as to the folks that have been sending cards, etc. We appreciate everything so much. We are so grateful and blessed to have three beautiful babies coming home, our prayers have come true with everyone's help! We hope that this note finds everyone safe, happy and healthly! Till next time!

Todd, Katie, Claire, Drew and Matt!

P.S. I continue to draw the "short straw" on the diaper changing, EVERY TIME this child has pooped its been Daddy's turn to change him! What the heck!? Oh well.... :)

1 comment:

  1. such good news. You're right, you guys can do it!! It's not that hard once you get the hang of it.

    ReplyDelete