Wednesday, August 19, 2009

So far, so good!

We've made it a full week with the gang all here and so far I think we are holding up pretty well. A large part of that due to Paul, Judy and my dad spending significant time here helping Katie and I keep our sanity!

The babies are doing great. Matt's reflux is really the worst thing going on right now. He is just miserable for about 2 hours after feeds and spits up a ton. He is on Prevacide for the reflux by in my opinion, its effectiveness is minimal. I feel bad for him with the reflux and being attached to that monitor, its a real drag for him.

Drew and Claire are doing well. Both are eating well and really growing! It is just amazing to see these babies grow and change really before your eyes, blows me away. Its mind boggling to think that the babies are going to be 39 weeks, 6 weeks adjusted tomorrow! Are you kidding me, a month and a half old already? Where has the time gone? I know, I know, it is going to fly by too! Unreal.

Katie and I of course with the help of our folks are hanging in there, we both are in "survival mode" right now! Katie has a wonderful attitude and she is doing so great, how lucky am I to have such a wonderful and caring woman for our children! Man, I am blessed!

The babies go back to the pediatrician on Friday morning for another check up, I can't wait to see how much weight they have gained in a week! LOL Next week they all are going to an infant Opthamalagist (sp?) to have their eyes checked. From what we understand with babies born as young as ours it is pretty much standard to have their eyes checked for development, structure, etc. so off to Plano they go next week. That is going to be REAL interesting, I can't imagine they are going to like that too much!!

We are both just THRILLED with the sneak peak from our pictures from last weekend and CANNOT wait to see the whole photo shoot when Melissa gets done with it! I thought the pictures turned out just awesome!

OK, well time to roust Matt get him changed, fed and back down till we wash, rinse and repeat again in another 3 hours! Hope this email finds everyone healthy, happy and grateful for each day! Continued thank you for the thoughts and prayers for our family, we are blessed beyond belief... Perhaps in my next post I will expound on that a little bit more, I have really been giving that a ton of thought lately.

Till next time!

Todd, Katie, Drew, Claire, Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment